PTA Board of Directors
Would you like to be involved in shaping the strategic direction, budget allocation, and decision making of the Cottage Lake Elementary PTA? Join us on the Board of Directors!
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors is made up of elected officers, known as the Executive Board, and chairs of key standing committees.
- The Executive Board consists of the President, Secretary, Treasurer, Vice President of Events, Vice President of Fundraising, and Vice President of Communication roles. In our PTA these roles are typically held by two people to spread out the workload.
- Key standing committees include Membership, Awards & and Grants, Art Docent, Special Education Liaison and Staff
Executive Board Positions
- Co-President - The President is the presiding officer and official spokesperson of the CLE PTA.
Facilitates Board of Director and Membership meetings. Communicates and collaborates regularly with
the school principal, staff, board of directors, committee’s and
membership. Works with the Executive
Board to develop and oversee budget allocation, strategic direction, decision
making and more.
- Secretary - The Secretary is responsible for taking minutes and recording all business at every PTA meeting
and preparing them for approval at next meeting. Works with the president to create meeting
agenda’s. Takes taking attendance ensure
the quorum. Manages the WSPTA Standards
of Affiliation checklist.
- Co-Treasurer - This is a required position on the PTA where you get to be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more! The treasurer manages the funds of the PTA, helps develop the budget, tracks income and spending, makes financial reports, organizes the books, etc. The position is typically held by 2 people and we have 1 spot left for 2020/21!
- Co-VP of Events - This is an essential position where you get to be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more! The VP of Events plans and executes popular school events like Monster Mash, Winter Dance, Ice Cream Social, etc. This position is typically held by 2 people and we have 1 spot left for 2020/21!
- Co-VP of Fundraising - This is an essential position where you get to be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more! The VP of Fundraising manages different fundraising efforts to help the PTA raise money to support and enhance your student’s education. This position is typically held by 2 people and we have 1 spot left for 2020/21!
- Co-VP of Communications - Be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more! Manages the PTA communication channels including website, eblasts, Facebook, newsletter, calendar, etc. to create awareness among the school, families and community. Assists in creating flyers and content in these spaces. Creates processes and deadlines to manage requests.
Standing Committee Roles
- Membership Chair - This committee defines for the community the benefits of membership in the PTA and actively recruits members. This committee plans and implements a membership drive. There are many resources available online from the State PTA Website to help with this. (It’s simpler than it sounds!) The committee is also responsible for online registration and maintenance of the membership roster, membership forms and distributing membership cards and directories. A fun committee to be on!
- Awards & and Grants Chair - This committee is in charge of reviewing and deciding which internal teacher/staff grants are approved for funding by the CLE PTA. This committee reviews/approves grants approximately 2-3 times per school year and conducts business by email - so this is a great committee for a working parent.
- Art Docent Chair - As an art docent, you will help students gain an appreciation for art. We will help to train you and there is a pre-planned curriculum at your disposal. You do not have to be an art scholar or renowned artist; anyone can do this! As Art Docent Chair, you will be responsible for overseeing the other classroom Art Docents. The art docent chair is part of the Board of Directors – Be part of the strategic direction, budget allocation, decision making and more!
- Special Education Liaison - Provide the perspective of families with special needs students to the
PTA to help guide decisions and activities and build community. Serve as the point-of-contact for parents looking to connect with other parents. Shares special education news with the PTA and school community. Be a liaison for teachers regarding issues that affect kids with special needs.
- Staff Appreciation Co-Chair - This committee coordinates Staff Appreciation events throughout the year to honor the sacrifice and dedication of all Cottage Lake Staff members. This includes quarterly lunches and staff appreciation week (typically in May). This committee is always looking for fun and creative ways to show the CLE staff how much we value their efforts and dedication to our children.
- Math Challenge Coordinator - Manages a free school-wide, year long math enrichment program consisting of series of challenging and interesting math problems. Many NSD schools offer this program and we want to bring it to Cottage Lake Elementary. There are lots of ideas on how to make it fun and exciting so student’s want to be part of it. More information at https://www.mathinaction.org/.